Travel rewards photo contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Travel Rewards Worldwide Photo Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old (“Entrant(s)”). Employees and independent contractors of Travel Rewards Inc., National Travel Inc., and any of their direct or indirect parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion includes a photo submission contest (Phase 1), a photo trivia contest (Phase 2), and a public vote contest (Phase 3).
2. Sponsor: National Travel Inc., 707 Virginia St E, Suite 100, Charleston, WV 25301. Administrator: Travel Rewards Inc., 164 Court Street, Charleston, WV 25301.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on April 16, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on August 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST, except the first day which begins at 2:00 p.m. EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST. The Promotion also consists of three (3) phases (each a “Phase”), as outlined below:
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter the Contest: During the Promotion Period, visit https://www.facebook.com/TravelRewardsinc and join the Travel Rewards Photo Contest Facebook Group.
Then, there are three (3) ways to participate, as outlined below.
Phase 1 – Photo Submission Contest: During the Promotion Period, post a travel photo you personally captured, either in the comments section of the original Photo Contest post, or as a stand alone post in the Travel Rewards Photo Contest Facebook Group.
Phase 2 – Photo Trivia Contest: During the Promotion Period, be the first person to correctly identify the location or landmark portrayed in the highlighted monthly photo. The Entrant who submitted the highlighted monthly photo will be contacted prior to the beginning of Phase 2 to verify the location / landmark portrayed in the photo.
Phase 3 – Public Vote Contest: During the Promotion Period, vote for your favorite photo from the compilation of highlighted photos by liking or reacting to the individual photo.
5. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON FOR EACH CONTEST PHASE. Each contest winner must provide an email address and register for a new, free Travel Rewards account if one does not already exist. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s submission(s) and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Contest Win Functionality: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners for each are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Phase 2: Administrator will select which photo to highlight monthly; Winner will be the first Entrant to correctly guess the location / landmark portrayed in the photo. Phase 3: Winner will be determined by the total number of votes received by their peers.
7. Verification of Contest Winners: All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Contest should so indicate, unless and until Entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning entry has been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry, is void, and will not be honored.
Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return any requested information within the required time period, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner: Phase 2 – the prize will be awarded to the second Entrant to correctly identify the location or landmark in the highlighted photo; Phase 3 – the prize will be awarded to the Entrant who received the second highest total number of votes from their peers. There will be three (3) alternate selections after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 1-2 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion (unless otherwise noted).
Phase 1 – Photo Submission Contest: One thousand (1,000) Travel Rewards points. Limit one (1) entry/prize per person. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10.00.
Phase 2 – Photo Trivia Contest:
Two thousand five hundred (2,500) Travel Rewards points awarded to Entrants of the photos selected to highlight monthly. Limit one entry/prize per person. ARV: $25.00.
Five thousand (5,000) Travel Rewards points awarded to first Entrant to correctly identify location or landmark portrayed in the highlighted photo. Limit one entry/prize per person. ARV: $50.00.
Phase 3 – Public Vote Contest: Fifty thousand (55,000) Travel Rewards points. Limit one entry/prize per person. ARV: $550.00.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries submitted.
For All Prizes: Travel Rewards terms and conditions apply. Travel Rewards points accumulated under the Travel Rewards loyalty program are promotional and have no cash value. No cash equivalent unless required by law and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total ARV of all prizes is dependent on total number of photo submissions in Phase 1 (ie. 500 Entrants in Phase 1 = 500,000 Travel Rewards points, which would result in a Total ARV of $5,775.00 for all prizes.)
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective direct or indirect parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company’s officers, directors, members, employees, contractors, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, liability, illness, injury, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity / Marketing: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media, manner, and formats now known or hereafter devised, without further payment or consideration. Entrant’s email address will also be used for Travel Rewards Inc. and National Travel Inc. marketing purposes, but will not be sold to third parties. Entrants will have the ability to opt-out of marketing campaigns.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contests, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the contests, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s) or donation(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the prizes offered herein and to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contests or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contests may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia or the appropriate West Virginia state court located in Kanawha County, West Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of West Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of West Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of West Virginia
15. Winner List: The winners for Phase 2 and Phase 3 will be announced via the Travel Rewards Photo Contest Facebook Group post after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2021 Travel Rewards Inc. All Rights Reserved.