Special Oktoberfest Highlights
Celebrate the spirit of Oktoberfest in true Bavarian style as you cruise along the Danube River participating in Oktoberfest-inspired activities that exude the oomph and oompah of this annual tradition shared around the world.
The Adventures by Disney Danube River Cruise: Oktoberfest features all of the itinerary activities from the Danube River Cruise adventure, in addition to these Oktoberfest-themed activities:
GERMANY (Vilshofen & Passau)
- Celebrate with an Oktoberfest-Inspired Welcome Reception in true German style, including iconic food and drink, costumed local entertainers who perform the oompah music and folk dancing that have made this yearly festival an event celebrated around the world.
- Prepare your senses for the wonderful flavors and aromas of fine German beer as you participate in a Beer Tasting On Board the AmaLea. A menu of beer will be offered during dinner, featuring all local brews.
AUSTRIA (Linz, Salzburg, Melk, Durnstein, Krems & Vienna)
- Enjoy a taste of Salzburgian culture, along with some local beer, cuisine and hospitality, on a tour of Hofbräu Kaltenhausen, which has been a part of Salzburg’s rich beer brewing culture since 1475.
- Take to the streets and learn the history of this beautiful town on a Walking Gourmet Tour of Krems. You’ll sample regional delicacies, including local food specialties, beer, wine, apricot brandy and liqueurs from a Wachau Valley distillery.
- Immerse yourself in true Austrian tradition on a Visit To A Traditional Wine House, or heurige as they are known to locals. A festive, fairytale atmosphere awaits you at a marvelous family-run local wine house, where you’ll snack on finger foods, cheeses and breads while enjoying live music and entertainment from a local performer. Local beer will also be featured.
- Explore Schloss Hof, an extraordinary Baroque palace with unique gardens and a farm, which was the country estate of Prince Eugene of Savoy. Listen as costumed storytellers weave tales of Schloss Hof’s history, enjoy a chocolate tasting experience and learn to waltz in the grand ballroom. There is also a beer tasting held outdoors in the Paradise Garden.
- Spend a lovely afternoon at Lazar Equestrian Park dining on a delicious lunch while you are treated to live music by traditional Hungarian folk musicians. Plus, you’ll get to sample some terrific local brews in a Beer Tasting.